The AAI Foundation is now accepting applications for the Winton Etchen Scholarship. In order to be considered for this scholarship, the application and all supporting materials must be postmarked by Monday, April 22, 2019. Please return completed application, essay, and a copy of your high school transcript (and college if applicable) to Agribusiness Association of Iowa Foundation, 900 Des Moines Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309.
The goal of this scholarship is to identify and recognize outstanding students who plan careers in agriculture and/or a related field. Winton Etchen was the executive director of the Iowa Fertilizer and Chemical Association from 1964-1988.
All applicants shall attend Iowa State University. Students who are legal residents of the State of Iowa and who are enrolled in agriculture-related curriculum are eligible to apply. Applicants must be sponsored by a member of the Agribusiness Association of Iowa. Each year’s successful applicant is awarded $1,000 and is eligible to receive $250 for each of the next three years.
The primary goal of the program is to encourage Iowa youth to prepare for a career in agriculture. This scholarship program is designed to provide college financial assistance to a resident of Iowa or a dependent of an AAI member who chooses to study agriculture.
AAI Foundation will offer one $1,000 scholarship to a full-time Iowa State University freshman agriculture student. If the student remains in the program, he or she is eligible for $250 in each of the following three years. The student must provide proof of full-time enrollment and maintain a 2.0 GPA. The scholarship is paid at the completion of the student’s first semester each year. Continuation of the scholarship program shall be reviewed annually. Documentation is required to be submitted annually by the student.
The AAI Foundation board of directors serves as the selection committee. The selection committee shall review the applications and rank the scholarship recipients.
- Applicant must be a resident of Iowa or a dependent of an AAI member at the time of application.
- Applicant must be a full-time student who has been accepted to ISU and plans to pursue a degree in an agricultural curriculum.
- The applicant shall enroll in one or more agriculture classes each semester of his/her scholarship year.
- AAI Foundation will offer a one-time $1,000 scholarship to a full-time ISU freshman agriculture student and $250 in each of the subsequent three years provided the student continues to pursue an agricultural degree.
- Full-time employees of AAI, their spouses and/or dependent children shall be prohibited from receiving the Winton Etchen scholarship.
- Recipients will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Outstanding leadership;
- Academic performance;
- Applicant must be a full-time student who has been accepted to Iowa State University and will be pursuing an undergraduate degree in an agricultural curriculum;
- One or more agriculture class shall be taken each semester of the scholarship year; and
- Application and transcript received by the postmark deadline.
If you would like to receive notification when the 2019 – 2020 application is available, please fill out our Scholarship Notification Form.